The Cisco® SPA232D Multi-Line DECT ATA is a mobility enhanced, affordable, highly reliable voice gateway for connecting an analog phone or fax machine to a voice-over-IP (VoIP) service provider. It can also intelligently route calls to the public switched telephone network (PSTN).
The revolutionary advances in the Cisco SPA232D include an integrated DECT base station used exclusively with the Cisco SPA302D Multi-Line DECT Handset, providing a mobility solution for users who tend to frequently move about their location but must always be reachable around the premises. The SPA232D supports essential voice features such as caller ID, call transfer, call waiting, call forwarding, voicemail, and much more to provide a comprehensive, advanced, and highly innovative VoIP solution.
The SPA232D provides one RJ-11 FXS port to connect a standard analog phone or fax machine and one FXO port to connect to the PSTN. The SPA232D FXS and FXO lines can be independently configured through software by the service provider or the end user. Users can take full advantage of their broadband phone service by enabling intelligent “hop-on, hop-off” applications to route local calls from mobile phones and land lines over to their VoIP service provider, and conversely.
The Cisco SPA232D also includes two 100BASE-T RJ-45 Ethernet interfaces to connect to a home or business LAN, and an Ethernet port to connect to a broadband access device. It uses international standards for voice and data networking for reliable voice and fax operation, and it can be used in residential, small office or home office (SOHO), and business environments including full-featured hosted service providers using Broadsoft, MetaSwitch or open source IP-PBX solutions such as Asterisk.
Features and Benefits
The Cisco SPA232D Multi-Line DECT ATA (Figures 1 and 2) offers the following:
● High-quality feature-rich VoIP service through your broadband Internet connection
● One standard telephone port for use with analog phones or fax machines and one port for PSTN connectivity to route local calls from mobile phones and land lines over to VoIP service providers and conversely
● Cost-effective, multi line on-premises mobility with its integrated DECT base station designed exclusively for Cisco SPA302D Multi-Line DECT Handsets and capable of registering up to five handsets to a SPA232D ATA supporting four simultaneous active calls
● Highly configurable and secure remote provisioning capabilities to enable mass-scale service provider activation and deployment
● Ideal solution for residential, SOHO, and business environments