We collect different types of personal and non-personal information based on your use of our products and services and on our business relationship with
you. Some examples include:
• Account Information: Information we obtain as a result of your business relationship with us, such as:
• Contact Information that allows us to communicate with you, including your name, address, telephone number and email address. Info-
Structure obtains your contact information when you order or register for our services.
• Billing Information related to your financial relationship with us, such as the services you buy, the telephone numbers you call, the payments
you make, your credit history, your credit card numbers, Social Security number, security codes, and your service history.
• Technical Information related to the services we provide to you, including information about your use of our network, services, products or Web
sites. Examples include:
• Equipment Information that identifies the equipment you use on our network, such as equipment type, IDs, serial numbers, settings,
configuration, and software.
• Performance Information about the operation of the equipment, services and applications you use on our network, such as IP addresses,
URLs, data transmission rates and latencies, security characteristics, and information about the amount of bandwidth and other network
resources you use in connection with uploading and downloading data to and from the Internet.
• InfoStructure Internet Site Usage Information about your use of InfoStructure Web sites, including the pages you visit, the length of
time you spend, the links or advertisements you follow and the search terms you enter on our sites, and the Web sites you visit immediately
before and immediately after visiting one of our sites.
We collect information in three primary ways:
• You Give Us Information: We collect information from you when you purchase a service from us or when you interact with us about a product
or service we offer or provide. For e xample, you provide us with Contact Information, and Billing Information (such as credit information and
Social Security number) when you order a service or establish an account with us.
• We Collect Information Automatically: We automatically collect certain types of information when you visit our Web sites or use our products
• We Collect Information from Other Sources: We may obtain information about you from outside sources. For example, we may request credit
information about you from credit agencies for the purpose of initiating service to you, obtain commercially available demographic and marketing
information about you from third parties, or purchase email lists from third parties for advertising and marketing purposes.
We use information we collect in a variety of ways. For example, we may use some or all of the information we collect as appropriate for the following purposes:
• To initiate, provide and manage the services you purchase, and to respond to your questions or problems;
• To develop, market, sell, bill and collect for our products and services;
• To communicate with you regarding service updates as well as offers and promotions for features and services;
• To deliver customized content, more relevant advertising and personalized offers for InfoStructure and non-InfoStructure products and
services that may be of interest to you based on information we have collected—including the preferences you have expressed or interests you
have demonstrated on our Web sites, in our stores, and through use of our products and services;
• To conduct research and analysis directed toward maintaining, protecting and improving our network and the services we provide;
• To address network integrity, quality control, capacity, misuse, viruses, and security issues, as well as for network planning, engineering and
technical troubleshooting purposes;
• To investigate, prevent or take action regarding illegal activities, suspected fraud, situations involving potential threats to the physical safety of
any person, violations of our Terms of Service, Acceptable Use Policies or other service conditions or restrictions.
We include Customer names, addresses and telephone numbers in local directories. We make the same information available through directory assistance
services unless you request that this information remain “non-published” as discussed further below.
• Published Listing Information
• Listings of InfoStructure local wire line telephone Customers are made available in directories and through directory assistance. These directories
include published Customer names, addresses and telephone numbers. We also make that information available through directory
assistance operators and systems (such as directory assistance, speech recognition, reverse number lookup and automated directory assistance
services) and through the Internet.
•Published listing information may be used, sorted, packaged, repackaged and made available again in different formats by anyone.
• Non-Published Information
• We offer Customers the opportunity to request that their name, number, and address
not be published in local directories or made available through directory assistance services. There is a fee for this service.
• Non-Listed Information
• We also give Customers the opportunity to request that their names, numbers and addresses be “non-listed” in directories, but still made publicly
available through directory assistance services. There also is a fee for this service.
• Sharing with Unaffiliated Entities
• We also provide the name and address of non-published and non-listed customers to unaffiliated directory publishers for directory delivery
purposes. We do not provide non-published or non-listed telephone numbers to these companies.
• We provide directory assistance information to unaffiliated telephone companies and directory assistance providers on an unrestricted basis.
However, we do not provide non-published telephone numbers to these providers.
• We provide non-published telephone numbers, where permitted by law, to government entities and public safety providers for public health
or safety reasons such as responding to 911 calls and notifying the public of wide-spread emergencies. We may also provide Published Listing
Information to government agencies, municipalities, utilities and other such entities for address and telephone number verification purposes.
All direct and indirect subsidiaries of InfoStructure Inc. that collect use or have access to information about our Customers or Users are subject to this Privacy
Yes. This Policy applies to all Customers and Users. The Customer who holds the account with InfoStructure is responsible for making sure all family members
or other Users, such as employees, under the same account understand and agree to this Policy.
Information that you provide to non-InfoStructure companies are not covered by this Policy. For example:
• When you download applications or make an online purchase from a non-InfoStructure company while using InfoStructure’s Internet service,
the information collected by the non-InfoStructure company is not subject to this Policy.
• If you use public forums—such as social networking services, Internet bulletin boards, chat rooms, or blogs on InfoStructure or non-InfoStructure
Web sites—you should be aware that any Personal Information you disclose publicly can be read, collected, or used by others. Once you
choose to reveal Personal Information on such a site, the information is publicly available, and InfoStructure cannot prevent distribution and use
of that information by other parties.
• If you are a Customer roaming on the network of a non-InfoStructure company, information about your location, usage and the numbers you
non-InfoStructure companies (“Licensees”) for their use in marketing and selling certain non-InfoStructure products and services. Licensees are
subject to InfoStructure quality control criteria and review procedures, designed to ensure a high standard of product or service performance.
Yes. For example:
• When InfoStructure jointly provides a service with a non-InfoStructure company, your Personal Information may be subject to both this Policy
• If you purchase InfoStructure products or services from a non-InfoStructure retailer (like Best Buy or Amazon.com, for example) any information
We encourage you to review the privacy policies of any non-InfoStructure company with which you do business to determine what information will be collected
and how it will be used or disclosed to others.
While InfoStructure will make every effort to limit ot her stand-alone policies, it is possible that such policies may be required. For example, in selected areas
outside the United States InfoStructure may adopt separate privacy policies as necessary to reflect the requirements of applicable local laws.
A “Customer” is any individual or business that purchases InfoStructure products or services. When a Customer purchases retail products or
services for use by others (for example, when a Customer purchases VOIP service for business use by its employees), those individuals also may
be considered Customers for purposes of this Policy.
A “User” is anyone who visits our Web sites.
“Personal Information” is information that directly identifies or reasonably can be used to identify an individual Customer or User. Examples
include name, address, telephone number, email address, Social Security number, and financial account number. Personal Information does
not include Published Listing Information as discussed in more detail below.
“Anonymous Information” means information that does not directly identify and cannot reasonably be used to identify an individual Customer
“Aggregate Information” means information about groups or categories of Customers or Users, which does not identify and cannot reasonably
be used to identify an individual Customer or User. Aggregate Information is a kind of Anonymous Information.
“Web site” means any page or location on the Internet, no matter what device (cell phone, lap top, PC, etc.) or protocol (http, WAP, ftp or other) is
used to access the page or location. In this Policy, we use the term Web site other similar terms such as “Internet site,” “site” and “Web page.”